The Mercer County Celina City Health Department contracts with 2 local school districts to provide registered nurses for school health services.
State-mandated services include:
- Vision Screening – preschool, kindergarten, grades – 1,3,5,7 & 8
- Hearing Screening – preschool, kindergarten, grades – 1,3,5,7 & 8
Other services include:
- Scoliosis screening – for fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth grades
- Vision screening for Early ID assessment and kindergarten screening.
- Review immunization records to assure compliance with mandatory vaccine requirements.
- Health resource for school staff.